Coaches Service Conditions of Use
As a Coach, you are contracting directly with SC The Arktech SRL that owns the Studylia web platform and Services.
1. Coach Obligations
As a Coach, you are responsible for all content that you post, including courses, lessons, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, assessments, and announcements, posts, forums, etc, referred as “Submitted Content“.
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services
- you will ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libellous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other coaches from providing their services or content;
- abuse Studylia resources, including support services.
2. License to Studylia
You agree to grant Studylia the rights detailed in the Conditions of use to offer, market, and otherwise exploit your Submitted Content. This includes the right to add captions or otherwise modify Submitted Content to ensure accessibility. You also authorize Studylia to sublicense these rights to your Submitted Content to third parties, including to students directly and through third parties such as resellers, distributors, affiliate sites, deal sites, and paid advertising on third-party platforms.
Studylia does this to ensure that the Submitted Content is producing business results that you as a Coach also benefit from.
Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time, or to ask, in written form, the Studylia team to remove it for you . Except as otherwise agreed, Studylia’s right to sublicense the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 60 days after the Submitted Content’s removal. However,
- rights given to students before the Submitted Content’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access)
- Studylia’s right to use such Submitted Content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record and use all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant Studylia permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or Studylia’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law, and under the current terms.
3. Trust & Safety
3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
You agree to abide by Studylia’s content quality standards or policies. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to Studylia’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove content, suspend payouts, and/or ban coaches for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- a coach or content does not comply with our policies or legal terms (including the Conditions of Use);
- content falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- a coach engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on Studylia or bring Studylia into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- a coach engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Studylia’s policies;
- a coach uses the Services in a way that constitutes unfair competition, such as promotion of their off-site business in a way that violates a coach policies; or
- as determined by Studylia in its sole discretion.
3.2 Coaches partners and Coaching Assistants
Studylia platform allows you to add other users as coaching assistants or moderators for Submitted Content that you manage. By adding a coaching assistant or moderator, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your Studylia account and Submitted Content. Violations of Studylia’s conditions of use and additional terms and policies by your coaching assistants or moderators may also impact your Studylia account and Submitted Content.
Studylia is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and such users. If your coaching assistants or moderators have an assigned revenue share, their share will be paid out by you personally. Studylia doesn’t pay coaching assistants or moderators.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Coaches don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the Studylia platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside Studylia. You agree to indemnify Studylia against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
3.4 Anti-Piracy Efforts
We partner with anti-piracy vendors to help protect your content from unauthorized use. To enable this protection, you hereby appoint Studylia and our anti-piracy vendors as your agents for the purpose of enforcing copyrights for each of your content, through notice and takedown processes (under applicable copyright laws like, for example the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and for other efforts to enforce those rights. You grant Studylia and our anti-piracy vendors primary authority to file notices on your behalf to enforce your copyright interests.
You agree that Studylia and our anti-piracy vendors will retain the above rights unless you revoke them by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject line: “Revoke Anti-Piracy Protection Rights” from the email address associated with your account. Any revocation of rights will be effective 72 hours after we receive it.
4.1 Price Setting
On Studylia the Submitted Content available for purchase on Studylia will reflect the price (“Base Price”) that you communicate, for your Submitted Content. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your Submitted Content for free. As a coach, you will also be given the opportunity to participate in certain promotional programs that will be communicated by Studylia.
If you do not opt to participate in any promotional initiatives, we will list your Submitted Content for the Base Price or the closest local or mobile app equivalent (as detailed below). If you opt to participate in a promotional initiative, we may set a different discounted price or list price for your Submitted Content.
When a student purchases using a foreign currency, we will convert the relevant Base Price or promotional initiatives price into the student’s applicable currency using a system-wide foreign currency conversion rate set by Studylia.
You give us permission to share your Submitted Content for free with our employees, with selected partners, and in cases where we need to restore access to accounts who have previously purchased your Submitted Content. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
4.2 Transaction Taxes
If a student purchases a product or service in a country that requires Studylia to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, value added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes (“Transaction Taxes“), under applicable law, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales. We may increase the sale price at our discretion where we determine that such taxes may be due. For purchases through mobile applications, applicable Transaction Taxes are collected by the mobile platform (such as Apple’s App Store or Google Play).
4.3 Promotional Programs
Studylia offers several optional marketing programs (promotional initiatives) in which you can choose to participate, or not. These initiatives can help increase your revenue potential on Studylia by finding the optimal price point for your Submitted Content and offering them through subscriptions collections.
There is no up-front cost to participate in these initiatives, and you can choose to not participate at any time. You understand that sometimes, if an initiative is ongoing, you might not apply to enter or refuse to participate. Active campaigns and certain initiatives may have additional requirements on termination.
5.1 Revenue Share
When a student purchases your Submitted Content, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by Studylia from the student (“Gross Amount“). From this, we subtract any Transaction Taxes, any mobile platform fees applied to mobile provider checkout sales, a 3% service and processing fee (except in Japan, where we subtract a 4% fee) for any non-mobile provider checkout sales, and any amounts paid to third parties in connection with the Promotional Programs to calculate the net amount of the sale (“Net Amount“).
If you have not opted into any of Studylia’s optional promotional initiatives, and except for sales through coach-generated coupon codes or course referral links as described below, your revenue share will be 70% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds. Studylia will keep the rest of 30% of the Net Amount as service share. If we change this payment rate, we will provide you 30 days notice using prominent means, such as via email or by posting a notice through our Services.
Studylia makes all coaches payments in EUR regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. Studylia is not responsible for your foreign currency conversion fees, wiring fees, or any other processing fees that you may incur. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in local currency) and your converted revenue amount (in EUR).
5.2 Coaches coupons
Studylia allows you to generate coupon codes to offer certain items of your Submitted Content to students at a discount, at Studylia’s current price, or for free, as permitted within the Services. These coupon codes are subject to limits, and you may not sell them on third-party websites or otherwise offer them in exchange for compensation.
When a student applies your coupon code at checkout, your revenue share will remain at 70% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds.
5.3 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal, Payoneer, or a bank account in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. You must also provide any identifying information or tax documentation necessary for payment of amounts due, and you agree that we have the right to withhold appropriate taxes from your payments. We reserve the right to withhold payments or impose other penalties if we do not receive proper identifying information or tax documentation from you. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
Depending on the applicable revenue share model, payment will be made within 45 days of the end of the month in which
- we receive the fee for a course or
- the relevant course consumption occurred.
As a coach, you are responsible for determining whether you are eligible to be paid by an European company. We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account after the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other government authority in its unclaimed property laws, we may process the funds due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
You acknowledge and agree that students have the right to receive a refund. Coaches will not receive any revenue from transactions for which a refund has been granted.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant coach payment, we reserve the right to either
- deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the coach or
- where no further payments are due to the coach or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the coach to refund any amounts refunded to students for the coach’s Submitted Content.
While you are a published coach and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
- only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish;
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your Submitted Content available on Studylia or your participation on Studylia; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your Submitted Content or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
7. Deleting Your Account
When deleting your account, we’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your Submitted Content, your name and that Submitted Content may remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact us directly.
8. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
8.1 Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Studylia reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
Any version of these Terms in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
8.3 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms:
- How to Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our Support Team, or via email at [email protected] We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.
Join our community of students
Learning new things is now social and fun. Surround yourself with like-minded people across the globe. Explore new skills, develop your passion and connect with creative people. Inspire and get inspired through the power of social education.